SUBMISSION RULES AND GUIDELINES
Please read all rules and regulations below carefully before submitting your project. This agreement pertains to all work/s submitted to the Dubai Youth Film Festival. Failure to comply with the following will result in disqualification from participating in the festival.
1. The submitter acknowledges that he or she has obtained all necessary rights and authorizations from other individuals and third parties as necessary before submitting the film/s or screenplay to the Festival.
2. The submitter guarantees that all rights and releases have been legally secured, excluding music rights, songs, etc. and the submitter releases the Festival and all its members, affiliates, and partners from any legal action whatsoever.
3. All submissions should be sent via the website.
4. All submissions should be suited for youth audiences in the UAE. We are prohibited to showcase films featuring mature content that in any way violates KHDA guidelines and policies.
5. Only producers, actors, or directors can receive the physical awards at the award ceremony.
6. Winning participants who are unable to collect their awards in person shall make additional arrangements to collect the awards.
7. Submission of an entry gives the festival permission to have accepted work exhibited, photographed, locally telecast, and reproduced either in part or whole, for educational or publicity purposes. Filmmakers can request in writing that their material should not be used for such purposes after the Festival.
8. Not all submitted films will be screened. The Festival executive team and adult advisor have the full right to select the films to be screened (for quality and appropriateness purposes), which will then be judged by the Festival's panel to determine the winning films.
9. The Festival reserves the right to make any necessary changes in regulations or scheduling.
10. All selection committees' and juries' decisions are final.
11. The festival has the right to disqualify a winning film for incompliance with these regulations or for any other ill-manners.
12. All filmmakers/submitters are expected to keep communications with the Festival professional and in good taste. Failure to do so may result in disqualification at any point in the adjudication process, including the nullification of Official Selection status or nominations. That stated, the Festival will only communicate with the person who submitted his/her film to the festival, and that the Festival should not be expected to communicate with any other persons.
13. The festival has the right to work with any institution and partner festivals for all kinds of cooperation, including joint events or promotions.
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR FILMS
Films should be posted, digitally, to Youtube or Vimeo. Send us the link through the form at the bottom of the page. If selected as a contender, the DYFF will contact the filmmaker for a digital file of the film to be screened at the festival.
MAY 5, 2023
1 - 12 MINUTES
Time Limit for Entries
Selected by our prestigious panel
Submit your films by filling the form below. Include all necessary information, and be sure to include the link (ensure link is viewable in settings) to watch your movie and the category you think would best fit your film.
* By submitting, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions of the DYFF listed at the bottom of this page.